Monday, November 14, 2016

rear brake hoses and preliminary ebrake


I got an extra set of Focus front brake hoses and used them to finish the rear brake hose connections:
After I welded on the tabs I sprayed them with galvanizing compound.

I want to have a functioning e brake whether inspection requires it or not.  I saved the ebrake cable from the mustang and some pulleys that went with it.  I was really hoping that the focus ebrake cable would work since it is unlikely that I would be able to lay out the mustang cable without significant fabrication and/or luck.

It does look like it the focus brake will work:


Although the Focus end is smaller, it does fit into the ebrake arm in the mustang drum.  The spring is shorter which may cause trouble since the spring is what retracts the brake shoes when you release the brake. I may try to put the mustang spring on this cable, or make a collar or something.  I also need to make a mount to hold the end of the cable sheath.


No comments:

Post a Comment