Monday, November 28, 2016

rear brakes

The rear brake lines from my old focus were so rotten that they came apart in my hand.  I bent up some new ones.  My bend tool makes the same diameter that ford uses.  I figured out that if I put in the old line I can mark where the bend begins, then transfer the mark.  



Drivers side brake line and hose:


 Passenger side brake and hose:
I am happy with how that all turned out.  I think it looks more or less factory.

I thought about transferring the spring on the parking brake cable to the focus cables.  But it just seemed like the wrong move.  I was worried that the focus cable wouldn't stay clipped into the drum (it is slightly smaller diameter than the mustang cable.  I was going to have to weld some large weird brackets to the control arms to hold the cable sheath ends, and that would still point the cables at a weird angle.

I layed out the mustang cable and figured out that it is the right length.  So I signed up for some fabricating.  More on that soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment